You tried both 416's and 515's? I'm not sure the way you wrote it.
I have a 9864A Engine, which has a woofer section that is based on the 515-GHP and uses the 816VI cabinet. It's been awhile since I've used it, but I don't recall it being boomy.......boomy was when I put a McCauley into an 828. It could be a couple of things. First a cut down 828 isn't an 816 exactly, second my 816VI is different still. If you only tried your 416 it could be that its not suited to the smaller cabinet, and the 515 doesn't mind it?I am amazed that when people made mention between A7 (825/828) boxes and the 816 all they said was that the bass on the 816 was reduced. What about the Boom, Boom, Boom. Is it me or is this what other have found with the 816 and it's variants.




Bookmarks